Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question.

I just got new torsion bars from AC and was wondering about the installation....do I just follow the directions for re-indexing, but just don't change the angle of the adjuster bracket?

Or should i follow some other directions?

Thanks

Marc

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done plenty of searches and I find indexing and reindexing. I don't want to do either really, i just want to replace my torsion bars.

If you type in torsion bars in the search box, it brings up 16 pages. I have looked through the first 6 pages and havent found how to just replace them.

I have indexed my torsion bars before to change height no problem. I was just wondering if I need to "re-index" in order to change torsion bars or if there is some other method.

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
follow the instructions for re-indexing

on level ground:

-unload suspension
-loosen adjusters all the way
-loosen/remove anchors from LCA
-remove torsion bar(could take 15 minutes, could take 5 hours depending on how stubborn yours are...mine took about an hour with some persuasion with a 5lb sledge and an old socket as a drift pin....i halped timB with his and we had to remove the entire crossmember)
-reset adjuster with PLENTY of adjusment left after the ride height is set....the torsion bars will break in and sag a bit over a few months, and you will want to be able to just turn the adjuster to level the ride again rather than reindexing AGAIN

mine had to be adjusted twice after installation...i left the adjuster at about a 30* angle after the initial install, then the first adjustment i ran it up to about 15*, and the second time, about a year ago, i ran it all the way up to the end and it is sitting perfectly and hasn't drooped in the last year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts