Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Xterra owner .. I just want to know about the good and bad on the car.. I brought a 2002 Xterra used with 200,000 miles already on it.. Took it to get the codes read on It and 1 is the knock sensor and gas cap.. Like I said I'm new.. First truck .. What should I expect? I'm nervous lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Welcome to CX. The Xterra is a great 1st truck and it extremely reliable if taken care of. The knock sensor is a common issue and there is a thread in the How tos, DIY and Write ups section for relocating it. Do you know the service history? Has it been checked for recalls ( i would guess it has but you never know)? Are you having any other issues? Noises, vibrations, etc? I would recommend changing all of the fluids (oil, coolant, diffs, tranny etc.) Check the plugs, wires, cap, rotor. These are things I do when frist bring home any used vehicle. That way I KNOW that everything's fresh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.