Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've got an 04 xterra, was told I can go with 285/75 r16 on it without doin any modifications. Eventually I wanna lift it but as of right now I need tires and am hoping the tire shop was correct on this before I order them....any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
Not sure who told you that but that is incorrect. That's almost a 33" tire and will require at least PML + 2" BL or a fair amount of trimming in order for them to turn and compress properly. Also, I'd recommend a 3" SL if you decide to trim instead of a BL. Might look a little funny otherwise lol

·
Registered
787 Posts
Actually it was a tire shop that told me that. They looked at my X and came to that conclusion somehow
Thats very odd.. not sure you'd be able to hit even the smallest bump with 33s and no lift whatsoever.

I've heard you can squeeze tires with a 32" diameter w/out a lift. Some people claim they still rub but every X is a little different, even when its the same year.

MY SUGGESTION:
Save some money so you can lift it (if you plan to) and get new tires at the same time. I didn't and am currently running 31s with a 3" SL which looks a little funny in my opinion lol this way you won't be anxious to wear out your tires that are now too small after you did a lift
:D

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Tell them to test fit them for you and fully cycle the suspension. Also have the turn the front wheels when fully stuffed(full compression ) and see what hits. If you are happy with what hits and needs to be cut; go for it. If you keep the front sway bar connected; the front tires will not hit as much. Keep the stock shocks and stock shackles in back so it will not rub on your frame so bad with the OEM wheels.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Generally you can fit 32s (265/75/16) without anything but some minor plastic trimming on your year. To go bigger you need to do a body lift or cut a lot of metal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts