Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading posts and such on this forum and decided to register. Name is Brian from NJ driving a 2001 X I got back in November. Right now just a stock red X. Hopefully my issues i had are in the past and will serve me well in the future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the club brian! Name's joe. I'm up in North Jersey too, stock black 03 x (waiting for the better weather to start doing things i hope i wont regret to the x) hahaha.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the club brian! Name's joe. I'm up in North Jersey too, stock black 03 x (waiting for the better weather to start doing things i hope i wont regret to the x) hahaha.

Hopefully right now i will start not to regret it but since i got it had been having overheating issues. First they claimed it was a thermostat, then the radiator went, then I had coolant in the oil. They said it was a head gasket, when that was checked and came out fine, turned out to be a cracked head. Then after he had it put back together was idling rough then it was a bad crankshaft so he had to redue the whole thing, then was a fan clutch. Suppose to pick the car back up today so hopefully nothing else goes wrong with it for a while.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hopefully right now i will start not to regret it but since i got it had been having overheating issues. First they claimed it was a thermostat, then the radiator went, then I had coolant in the oil. They said it was a head gasket, when that was checked and came out fine, turned out to be a cracked head. Then after he had it put back together was idling rough then it was a bad crankshaft so he had to redue the whole thing, then was a fan clutch. Suppose to pick the car back up today so hopefully nothing else goes wrong with it for a while.
thats rough... I was lucky enough to buy my X from a really nice guy who was selling it as he just got a baby son and needed to buy a family van. Hopefully everything will look on the upside for you, sorry to hear :l

1 - 7 of 7 Posts