Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought my X about a month ago. 2002 SE S/C w/ 102k miles. I installed Cooper Discoverer AT3s last week and hope to get a lift installed before next fall.

My most urgent issue is my A/C. I live in the Phoenix area. It seems to work occasionally. I had a shop do a quick diag. They said it seems to be electrical. no leaks detected.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Welcome. By work occasionally, do you mean it blows ice cold sometimes?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
The compressor doesn't always turn on when i turn on the system with the control head. When it does turn on it is not "ice" cold but does blow cold. I think it it is an issue with the compressor/clutch or a switch.
Don't be so quick to change the compressor. Mine just started shutting off for the same reason.
There is an a/c high side pressure switch near the evap coils under the dash below the glove box. That pressure switch is most likely the issue on a vehicle that age.
If that pressure switch is changed, also install a new receiver dryer. The dryer is that aluminum looking can in front of the radiator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.