Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a 2002 Frontier that recently blew up. I have become a huge fan of Nissan trucks after owning one for 3 years.... So I decided to stick with this and I bought a 2003 Xterra XE. It has 180,000 mi on it some dents and dings and cosmetic what I'll call issues but the motor seems to be pretty good just wondering if I can get some input on what I can expect out of this vehicle and any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,792 Posts
Welcome to CX.

I owned a 2001 SE V6 auto 4WD for about a year. During that year, it suffered some external damage from a one-car slide off a freeway into a cable barrier. When I felt I couldn't fix it right, I sold it (with the parts) to someone who has the skills to give it some TLC.

I liked it so much that I drove 800 miles on a Friday after work in a rental car to buy my current 2004 XE V6 auto 4WD and drove it home over the weekend. I'm glad I did, too! It has just over 210,ooo miles on it and I've been doing some things to extend its life and make it more suitable to my specific plans for it.

If you haven't already, change all the fluids and filters, and check to see if you can determine the last time the timing belt was changed. The schedule from the factory is 5 years/105,ooo miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts