Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey clubxterra! I'm new to all this and trying to get a hang of the site haha. Anyways, about me, I am from CA now living in GA. I am 16 and was fortunate enough to get a practically brand new 2005 Canteen Green Xterra S with a 6 speed manual! It only has 80,000 miles and is pretty much flawless. As of now it is bone stock but this week I am getting some things done to it so I can't wait to see how that works out! I will attempt to post pics so hopefully that works! I will post more when things are done to it so let me know what you guys think as of now! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Not bad for a first car ;) Welcome. Whatcha getting done?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! On Monday (hopefully), I am getting a ReadyLift 2.5"F/1.5"R lift and probably Toyo Open Country MT 285/75r16 as a start so hopefully that'll look good! Haha

·
Professional
1,559 Posts
Sweet color! Honestly, regarding the lift, your money is better spent on a different setup. Nisstec makes some awesome quality stuff and I would be willing to bet that you would be presently surprised with their prices. Also, are you installing on your own or paying someone to install it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm having someone install it because I'm 16 and know nothing about it... Haha. The people who are putting the tires on are gunna do it. And as far as pricing, here's what happened
I originally bought a 2" leveling kit for $200 plus $25 shipping. The moron at the store never ordered it so a week later we called to complain and because of the inconvenience, I get the ReadyLift 2.5/1.5" lift for $200 and free shipping even though it retails for $350 so I decided to go through because that seems like a pretty good kit for the price. Then again I'm a noob so for all I know that could suck! Haha

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
You sound like zachbiz. I'm expecting great things from you kid

Sent from The Death Star

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, /envious

Welcome to the club!

That is a beautiful looking X! Treat it right and will last you a good long time and take you to plenty of great places.

Good luck with your first mods.
Thank you! And to everyone else! I have actually had it for about a year but it just became officially mine. I learned to drive a stick on it! I try to take as good care of it as possible so hopefully it'll last a while. It only has 80,000 miles so it's just getting warmed up! Can't wait to see where it takes me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the club. What part of ga?

Check out southeastxterra.org
And you just missed nxm. nationalxterrameet.org
Columbus, about an hour and a half south of Atlanta. And yeah just want to get some stuff done before anything. I am hopefully tomorrow getting my lift and tires!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
welcome!

16 isn't too young to start learning :) Tons of info on here...read as much as you can!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
welcome!

16 isn't too young to start learning :) Tons of info on here...read as much as you can!
Thanks! I'm just happy I got an X, especially as clean as it is! Pretty great for a first! I can't wait for my lift and tires, I pray it comes in tomorrow because I can't wait to see how it turns out! And I plan to read up a lot because I have quite a few mods in mind that I would like other people's opinions on haha

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome to CX! Hope you have a job of some sort, your going to need all the money you can get once the mod bug bites.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the club! and check out getting a PML(poor mans lift),you can get another 1.5 lift for around 70 bucks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Man I'm 16 and before I joined in May I knew nothing Nissan or the Xterra but man now, I def know a lot more! Welcome in and nice X!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Welcome to the club! and check out getting a PML(poor mans lift),you can get another 1.5 lift for around 70 bucks!
He's got a 2005 so he can't grab a PML :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts