Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed off to college soon, and have been driving the good old Honda Pilot since I turned 16. Hopefully when I go off pops will let me trade her in, and get a new car. I've been wanting to get something an SUV 4x4 capability for the longest time and have researched 4runners, Cherokees, and the like until I ended up here for many reasons.

Hopefully I will end up with an X!

I do have a few questions though regarding modifications.

How would I go about adding a PML and Body lift together?

What wheels could I fit on it?

Are there any decent aftermarket headlight options?

Thank ya'll!

·
Registered
444 Posts
More aftermarket for the second gen, too many wheels to list, and PML on a 2nd gen is shackles and spacers on front struts, you can also get an e-locker on the 2nd gen from the factory, and they are a little larger inside as well...I personally have a 1st gen, and wouldn't trade it for the world...well maybe a supercharged one...but I love it, and the price was right too, not many body on frame suv's in my area with under 110k going for what I paid

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

I'm currently looking at a 2003 with around 119K miles on it. From what I have researched I will probably add a combined 3 inch lift, some 33's or 34's, lighting, and new front bumper w/ a winch that should all be covered by trade in value of the Pilot. Unfortunately the aftermarket options are limited for the 1st gen model.

·
Registered
444 Posts
True, but there isn't a huge need for one...because the people that already do it, do a damn good job. The only thing I would like to do is replace my headlights with some hid projectors or something, other than that, bumpers and stuff can wait for a promotion!

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good luck! Whatever you decide, just do it fast. Folks are snatching them up since Nissan stopped production.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts