Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just signed up and giving a quick intro. I am completely new to this and have basically no idea what I'm doing! I just bought a 2000 xterra XE 4x4 which is my first 4x4 and as far as I can tell it is completely stock. Off roading is something I've been interested in for years but never had the opportunity to do. My kids are 5 and 7 and I decided now is the time because they are old enough to enjoy it but young enough that they still want to hang out with their dad! So with that in mind I bought a travel trailer and an xterra.
I'm no stranger to a wrench but all my experience is with motorcycles. I was a motorcycle mechanic professionally briefly though that seems like a long time ago. I have basically no experience wrenching on trucks though, so although I don't mind getting my hands dirty, there is a lot I don't know.
These days I sit at a computer all day in L.A. and I'm really looking forward to getting away from the screens and the city. I guess that's good enough for the intro. I've got a lot of reading to do! Oh and I am currently at that computer screen I mentioned so I should probably get back to work!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Welcome. If you've worked on bikes you'll be fine with the X. More space to work. Also have a 00 and it's not bad to deal with. There's a sticky in the DIY section of a bunch of things mechanically. Good resource,saved my butt a few times

1 - 7 of 7 Posts