Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a new distributor and installed it today after getting a p0300 code and pulling the old dist to find a burnt out bearing. I, stupidly, forgot to mark all of the locations of the old dist and now I can't get it to run right. I've got it to start up and run, but after warming up, it stalls out so it's hard to run a timing light and check how far off I am. Any suggestions how to get out of this pickle?

·
Registered
158 Posts
on your crank pulley/ harmonic balancer you should have 4 little dimples in a row, line up the first one (looking down on it the first one would be the left most dimple) with the timing mark indicator on the timing belt cover. look at your distributor cap and rotor the rotor should be at the first plug lead, if it's not, bar the engine over one more revolution and check where the rotora pointing, if its not the first plug lead again your distributor is out.

also, it could be that the new distributor you bought is just junk.. I had one that worked for 3 months then it broke overnight 200 miles from home.. I ended up switching the electronics from my old OEM distributor and putting them into the body of the "new" distributor (at least I have new bearings..)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts