Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having problems with my 02 X 3.3 a few weeks ago and diagnosed it as the distributor bearing was bad. I ordered a new one off eBay and installed it. It ran perfect for a little over a week and now it's not
On my way to work the other morning it started running really bad CEL flashing (I know this indicates a misfire) and losing power bad. I was down to 1st gear (5 Speed manual) going 15 mph up a hill I normally go 65 on. It sounds really bad, almost like the engine is running underwater.
I got it home an took the Cam sensor out of my original distributor and put in the new one and it wouldn't even start. I put the new on back and swapped the coils. It started and ran exactly the same.
I don't have any codes because it won't run well enough to get anywhere to get it on a computer. I half think the converters have stopped up but I was told by a local shop that that's not likely on an Xterra.
Any ideas? Up

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah so how long did you run with blinking CEL? I’ve replaced or removed all my original 17 year old cats in the past couple months and they just fall out in crumpled pieces so they do fail like that. Hate to hear that this happened, might need some more trial and error with distributors and make sure that timing is on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably about 30 miles. I was almost to work when it started acting up. Then I limped it home. Been in the driveway ever since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah so how long did you run with blinking CEL? I’ve replaced or removed all my original 17 year old cats in the past couple months and they just fall out in crumpled pieces so they do fail like that. Hate to hear that this happened, might need some more trial and error with distributors and make sure that timing is on.
Probably about 30 miles. I was almost to work when it started acting up. Then I limped it home. Been in the driveway ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts