Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so my buddy fabbed up an offroad bumper for me, and its an absolute tank. I like the look, its pretty unique. I have slowly been working on mods, and haven't gotten around to a PML or suspension work yet, so my 2001 still has stock suspension. As expected with the bumper and skid plate give the truck a pretty good rake. Will doing a PML and placing longer/stronger shocks in the front take care of the rake?

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,632 Posts
Yes stiffer Sway-A-Way torsion bars that are 20% to 30% stiffer to deal with the added weight. Torsion bars are springs and springs hold the weight not the shocks. Cranking them up will not make the torsion bars stronger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes stiffer Sway-A-Way torsion bars that are 20% to 30% stiffer to deal with the added weight. Torsion bars are springs and springs hold the weight not the shocks. Cranking them up will not make the torsion bars stronger.
would you say that new T Bars should be a rush job, or the stock ones can hold up a bit as long as I don't push it too hard? just while I scrounge a few bux and make some time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should be ok short term. How much does the bumper weigh?
Ill be 100% honest. I have no clue. But my estimate from moving it around and install probably between 150 - 200 lbs. Its the full bumper and a skid plate. Both are pretty sturdy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill be 100% honest. I have no clue. But my estimate from moving it around and install probably between 150 - 200 lbs. Its the full bumper and a skid plate. Both are pretty sturdy.
I didn't think to weigh the truck before i did the install. I can take it off l, but that thing is a beast to position by myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts