Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
broke down and installed a new Bank 1 CAT. 3 days later, same code came back?? what else could it be? new O2 sensor also.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
Try some sea foam and see if any cracks show up . If you can get live data we can see were the problem is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and how do I go about getting live data?? this code as become a pain,, I'm almost to the point of doing the
spark plug defouler thing, and being done with it??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also when I had my codes read this morning,, it said 1 of four? but that was the only thing showing? I'm doing the gas peddle thing to reset the codes, but now thinking it's not clearing all of them??

·
Registered
214 Posts
and how do I go about getting live data?? this code as become a pain,, I'm almost to the point of doing the
Suck a little seafoam into the intake via the evap port with the motor running. If the engine compartment fills up with smoke, you have an exhaust manifold leak.

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15265

That said, I have no idea if a leaky exhaust manifold is sufficient to cause an O2 sensor code. Mine leaks like a sieve, but other than the puff puff puff sound I now hear constantly since I did the above myself, it's not causing any apparent trouble.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
The defouler wont fix it.
Go to autozone they will read for free ,need to know the numbers between the upper o2 sensor and lower o2 sensor to see why its not working .

·
Registered
444 Posts
Check your wiring, clean contacts, add dielectric grease, and do that for every connection you can find

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts