Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

It's been a while since I've been on here, so hello to my old friends and hello to any newcomers!

Anyway, I have a few maintenance projects that I'd like to tackle on my X this spring and I could really use a hand from someone with a bit more experience than I. Not looking for a free lunch here; I am happy to trade favors, beer, cash, etc.

Here is what I'd like to address:

Roof Light Diagnosis & Repair
I built a custom light bar and installed four Harbor Freight 100W spots which worked absolutely flawlessly for about three years. Now, for some odd reason, I seem to be having intermittent issues with them. I wired them in two circuits - the outer two lights on a circuit and the inner two lights in a circuit - each with their own switches inside the cab. The outer circuit doesn't turn on anymore, even though the switch still seems to be getting power. The inner circuit turns on, but sometime the lights don't come on until 5-10 seconds after the switch has been flicked on. I would love to have someone with a bit more electrical know-how go over this with me and get everything squared away again.

Bedliner Extravaganza
I'd like to remove my side steps, roof rack, rear bumper, front fenders, and possibly even the faded windshield cowling and freshen them all up with a protective coating of bedliner. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with this project if I had the assistance of someone who knows how to remove all of these parts without breaking them. (Roof rack and side steps are a no-brainer; the rest I have no experience removing.)

Headliner Removal & Repair
My headliner is a mess. I have temporarily fixed it with some creative staple-gunning, but it's not a permanent solution. I'd love to have some help pulling this out and re-upholstering it.

Headunit Upgrade (maybe)
I'm considering pulling my stock RF stereo unit and replacing it with a double-DIN touchscreen unit that has Bluetooth connectivity and an AUX input. I've done a few headunits in the past, but never on an X. The complicating factor is that I'd really like to retain the use of my steering wheel controls. Thankfully, they make a kit for this, but I have no experience with these.​

If anyone in the Bucks County / Philadelphia area would be willing to lend a helping hand, I would be eternally grateful. I have most/all of the tools that should be needed for any of these projects, but I can also travel to anyone if that's easier. I'm also more than open to the idea of hosting or attending a DIY / Fix-It Day if anyone else is interested in something similar.

As mentioned, I am happy to re-pay the kindness, so let's work something out!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, calm down guys. Don't all chime in at once!

Really? Nobody? What happened to the active and bustling forum that I used to know and love?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont live in your area.. but i've done most of those upgrades.... what exactly do you need to know?
It's less a matter of needing instruction and more a matter of wanting someone here to check my work and steer me in the right direction so that I don't break anything during removal, etc.

Diagnosing the roof lights is also going to require someone with some electrical skills to go to town with a multimeter and help me identify the root cause.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts