Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this form I have a 2002 nissan extera and going to do the rear differential oil change what iv saw on some other forum I need a 1/4 normal ratchet for one of the two plugs but what do else do I need as in does the 2002 extera have a hex screw also or just the 1/4 normal rachet end on both drain and filler screws thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you I appriciate the info it helps alot iv read alot of things on this form and its helped me with a few other things that I've needed to know and didnt have the knowledge for.. I actually have one more question tho pertaining to the differential you know what torque specs the bolts around differential plate need to be torqued at for my 2002 nissan extera?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New to this form I have a 2002 nissan extera and going to do the rear differential oil change what iv saw on some other forum I need a 1/4 normal ratchet for one of the two plugs but what do else do I need as in does the 2002 extera have a hex screw also or just the 1/4 normal rachet end on both drain and filler screws thank you in advance.
Differential plate?? Not sure I know what you are referring to? Have a picture?
Differential plate?? Not sure I know what you are referring to? Have a picture?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey sorry about that what I meant by differential plate was I know on 2002 and above and most trucks theres a plate that goes over differential gears that has the 10 or so bolts around it to hold it on but I belive mine is a sealed differential in back didnt mean to confuse anybody. I guess I just need help with the bolt size for dran and fill plug again I had tried a normal 1/2 but it was to small so is there a special tool or is a 3/4 racket end?

·
Registered
57 Posts
That bolt should be 1/2”, maybe you’ve stripped it a bit and it won’t work now, I did that with my front differential.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heyy sorry it took me a while to get back guys sooo.. I feel dumb went to auto parts store and sure enough they let me test a 1/2 drive on my drain plug and it was it. I failed to realize that I had a 3/8 drive rachet and thought it was 1/2 for some reason so thank you for the help next is changing belt that goes around fan, water pump, and power steering pully anybody have a diagram mine is a 2002 nissan extera thank you in advance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts