Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO my 01 xterra has not given me any signs of pending trouble, other than a knock sensor code and an evap code. I left one night to go to work, drove the truck there and then to the local Waffle House first thing in the morning. No problems. Shortly after leaving Waffle House, it starts jerking and sounding like it's going to stall while driving 65+ down the interstate. The only new code is a catalyst system code, but Ive had that code drop for so many things its crazy. The truck will start and then have a rough idle, to where it will stall itself out. The time it takes to stall is not consistent, sometimes within 10 seconds sometimes within minutes. I can get it into gear and it will not stall out after moving, as long as I am above 10 mph. If I hit the brakes and get down to about 10 it will die on me. It doesn't matter how fast I get to, the constant stutter is there, at 45 at 50 at 70 the car jerks and stutters. This morning I noticed that it constantly sounds like it is trying to backfire as well. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry it took so long to reply. So, I completely removed the cats and straight piped it, the issue didn't change. Came up with codes for mass air flow circuit and crankshaft position sensor. Got paid, replaced both, no change. All that's left is an evap code and a knock sensor code. I bypassed knock sensor a long while ago, like a year or so. The issue is still there. Sometimes on start sometimes it takes about 10 minutes or so. I really can't afford a shop visit, so any additional help would be great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had something similar happening, but it was only after my engine warmed up. I just had to get the idol air control reset. After that it stopped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts