Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally deciding to get rid of my Xterra. The reason I don't want it anymore is because I have grown out of it and because it is a horrible performing car. It's super slow, no acceleration, bad gas mileage, and the manual transmission in it is the weirdest i have seen. So i am asking the forums for advice on which car to get. This should be fun.

I am choosing between two cars:

BMW X3 (2004-2010)

or

Ford fiesta (2009-2014)

Both cars will be bought in a manual transmission.

I like the X3 because it's compact SUV and comes with all wheel drive. I know about bmw "reliability" but my dad has the same m54 engine (e46) and has had very little issues with it but he only has 75k miles on it. Here is one i found online and really like.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/cto/6131733190.html

It's got the beautiful tan interior!! but 116k miles.....

Then the fiesta which is good on gas. and very easy to drive. I can imagine maintenance is cheaper for this car as well as the insurance but I have read it's very fragile to accidents but who cars if it's not my fault. Here is the one I like.

https://providence.craigslist.org/ctd/6105714748.html

This only has 67k miles and feels like the more responsible choice.

I know it's weird to choose between two completely different cars.

My Reasons to buy the BMW X3:
Has AWD
Looks very nice
Why not make the most of an X3 while you're young? (21)
Loaded with features which the fiesta doesn't even have cruise control.

MY Reasons to buy the Fiesta
Looks economical
Low mileage
cheap insurance I suppose

Anyways let me know what you guys think. which car should I get?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Did you end up picking one?
I'd rather have a BMW than a Ford any day, just have had bad experiences with them.
And I'm not sure what you mean by the Xterra having a weird manual transmission? It's your basic 5-speed manual really. I will never part with my X, just isn't worth it. It's worth more to me than you can currently sell them for.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to rethink my financials and have come to the conclusion it is more reasonable to keep the xterra then get another car. But I was very close to getting a new car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts