Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i need to replace my trucks clutch and flywheel. So far I have bought the clutch kit. Specifically I bought an Exedy KNS10 clutch kit and looks good especially with that label saying "Made in Japan". However I currently need to find a Flywheel. I have two flywheels that i know will fit a brute power and a sachs NFW5305 which is the one I think i will go with since it has good reviews. Has anyone ever replaced their flywheel and clutch? if so which one did you use? Also what brand gear oil should I use? i am thinking about putting the old gear oil back in after doing the job since it is working fine and never gave me any issues but if it looks dark and ugly I think i will replace with valvoline 75w-90. It says on the label that it meets the gl-4 specifications which is what is needed. I don't know how much longer i can go with this clutch. driving for 40 minutes or more and deciding to floor it at speeds over 55 will cause the clutch to slowly slip. Not only that but the truck does some mean vibrations on take offs from first gear. Like the truck violently shakes while letting go of the clutch slowly, trust me it's freaky! that only happens like 5% of the time. Let's all remember this a 2001 nissan xterra with a 3.3L engine that has 120k miles. I have had too many wrong flywheel and clutches because of the 2.4L model that has different tranny parts. thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts