Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 xterra and im having problems with it overheating ive replaced all the main components like water pump thermostat radiator all the coolant lines the resivor and caps and its still over heating. I need some suggestions on what it could be im just hoping its not the heads. thanks

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
You need to rent a hand vacuum pump for radiator from Autozone and see what kind of pressure you have ,if its low or you have non it could be head gasket.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
You need to rent a hand vacuum pump for radiator from Autozone and see what kind of pressure you have ,if its low or you have non it could be head gasket.
He didn't say if he had a leak.
Water in the oil?
Steamy exhaust?
Probably not.
Find the leak and get back

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
If you pump the radiator up to 15 lb and you don't have a leak and the pressure goes down then its leaking at the head gasket.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Given that you've already ruled out the thermostat, radiator, water pump and hoses, basically all that's left is a blockage somewhere in the engine itself or trapped air pockets. A head gasket leaking enough to cause over heating would be immediately apparent. Are you seeing indications of overheating other than a temperature gage?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plugged my Scanner up to it to watch the parameters on it to see if it couldn't be the sensor and it kept reading extremely hot. I drained the coolant and found oil in the coolant. So that tells me the heads are bad.

Thanks yall for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts