Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am a newbie here and hate to start off with a complaint, but I am having a problem with the navigation unit on my 2015 Xterra. Randomly and unpredictably, the entire unit (nav, radio, backup camera, etc.) will not turn on when I turn the key in the ignition. The, it will stay off for anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 days. This has happened about 6-10 times since March 2015 (when I bought the Xterra).

The dealer and Nissan customer service refuse to replace the unit because they cannot find a problem with it. Their only suggestion is to take the car to the dealership when the unit fails. This simply is not working for me as I just cannot drop everything (work, etc) to head to the dealer when the problem arises. Besides, the darn thing seems to start working again as soon as I make an appointment ... Murphy's law at work of course.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to be stuck with a malfunctioning unit.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi all, I am a newbie here and hate to start off with a complaint, but I am having a problem with the navigation unit on my 2015 Xterra. Randomly and unpredictably, the entire unit (nav, radio, backup camera, etc.) will not turn on when I turn the key in the ignition. The, it will stay off for anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 days. This has happened about 6-10 times since March 2015 (when I bought the Xterra).

The dealer and Nissan customer service refuse to replace the unit because they cannot find a problem with it. Their only suggestion is to take the car to the dealership when the unit fails. This simply is not working for me as I just cannot drop everything (work, etc) to head to the dealer when the problem arises. Besides, the darn thing seems to start working again as soon as I make an appointment ... Murphy's law at work of course.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to be stuck with a malfunctioning unit.
Sorry to say but sounds like a bad unit. Try making a video with your phone of the issue when you see it. Maybe include a shot of your VIN as well so they can't say its not your car. If the dealer still gives you issues call Nissan Corp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts