Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
nice, where did you get that front bumper, looking at some options after a minor front end wreck theyre using aftermarket crap to replace my stock one so might just want to go beefier, any noticeable front end sag or weightiness with that on there?

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok, Y’all, here’s mine... she’s pretty much a stock machine, though, and will probably remain so. Right now, I have a go-pro type removable dash cam, a steelie magnetic vent mount for phone, one of my 2m/70cm ham radios (yaesu vx-8dr so i can use aprs to map my route or swap out with my kenwood th-f6a or my baofeng uv-5r, depending on my mood) on a clip mount, my midland 75-822 cb is not in the shot. My antennae are magnetic mounts for both of the radio systems. I prefer this approach as it allows for quick n easy removal, if needed, for bathtime, clearance problems, or if I’m somewhere that seems shady- This way, I can houdini my radio kit n make it disappear. I can also switch between the short-ish and longer antennae if I need/want more range.

I’m considering a rear/backup camera, a dash mount gps, and a new radar detector (for funsies). Need tech gear for my spacecraft! Oh, and fab a mount for my voice activated R2 unit! He used to have one in my brushed-steel Saab 9000 Turbo. He sat in the rear hatch at sight level but below being a hazard. Cops loved it. It was hilarious n fun!

I plan on more work soon. Going to do red interior lighting for night driving and astronomy nights n a few light cubes (sides n above rear hatch) n a lightbar for the grill area. Might figure out red filters for them that can be on while driving. Not sure about that part, yet. Worried about legal issues.

After that, I’m getting a new molle seat back kit to stow radio gear n spare cables/batteries, flashlight/cyalume lightsticks, canteen (I keep 2 full water bottles in doors and a coffee thermos in center console cup holder, though), lensatic compass/hardcopy maps, n another first aid kit (yes, i keep the one we get with the X stocked but an extra is good), snacks n emergency food n folding camping stove, kukri knife, and simple get-home/emergency gear. Next, I’m going to mount a gunrack in the rear somehow for my sword, axe, and bow/arrow/quiver and organiser boxes for my collapsible chairs, tent, and armour kit and sleeping blankets for SCA travel events and/or my astronomy gear.

Finally, I’m getting a couple of stickers made for the air ramp between the KC lights above front windshield: my SCA coat of arms and 2 Elite Dangerous Elite Explorer (having gone to and from Sagittarius A). My COA in the middle of the 2 Elite Eagles.

Also, I’m considering some real blackened sliders. Not sure about a pml, though. Not sure why I’m debating it, either. I’m definitely getting a new Stryker sr-A10 antenna for my cb and then, finally, two vehicle length green stripes (both sides of hood up n over the frame and upper door areas to down the back hatch) to match my Elite Dangerous Asp Explorer! Geeks Unite!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts