Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Mitchell I'm 19 and I have a 2000 Xterra SE 3.3 4x4 with 179K that my dad bought in '02 and passed it on for me to drive in 2012 with 155K mi. we've always tried to fix it ourselves and have been successful until now a few months ago it was stumbling like it did a few years ago when the distributor went out we replaced the distributor and crankshaft position sensor and still nothing we noticed there was no pulse from the fuel pump so we replaced the pump, sending unit, fuse and the relay and still nothing we checked for spark on the new distributor and there's none. no spark or fuel pulse. I think the timing belt is good because we put a new one on at 165k when a head gasket blew. we're both stumped and now I'm stuck to catching rides to college and work any help would greatly appreciated

·
Registered
392 Posts
Did you check for voltage to the fuel pump before you replaced it? Mine was acting like this - it was a bad fuel sending unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah we weren't getting any so we replaced the sending unit too but there was no pulse to the sending unit its self

1 - 3 of 3 Posts