8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, check out this Xterra I bought about a month ago:

It's a 2002 Nissan Xterra SE Supercharged
  • 5 speed manual
  • 4wd
  • towing package
  • 182k original miles

It had a small dent on the back door. The front edge of the passenger side door had a dent. The passenger side exhaust manifold had a leak. The bumpers were fading. The hood had a spot where the paint had faded and it looked like someone tried to repaint it. The radio didn't work.

But other than that it was in good condition. The transmission and 4wd worked flawlessly. The majority of the exterior paint was in good condition. The interior was in good condition, it just needed a deep cleaning. All things that could be fixed.

I picked it up for $3600. My plan is to fix it up, make some upgrades, and enjoy it.

Prior to this my only vehicle was a motorcycle. I was looking for a cheap and reliable truck, something practical that I can take anywhere and tow my motorcycle if needed. I was initially looking for a supercharged Frontier when I learned that the Xterra was built on the same frame. When I saw this deal I jumped on it. It's a rare SUV so I think that the work I put into it will be worth it. I think with $2000 I can make it really decent.

I just wanted to share some photos of this Xterra and maybe get some ideas from you guys of what I should do to it. I'll share more photos as I fix it up and make some upgrades.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,360 Posts
Very nice unicorn! Congrats on the find and the acquisition. I like those dark seats. My 2001 and 2004 are the lighter color.

I look forward to seeing your work results, and I'll be drooling at the same time. (I posted a working link to the FSMs in answer to your question in another thread.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts