Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new here. I have a 2006 Nissan Xterra. Have not had any problems lately but this morning out of the blue I do. I started my car to take my daughter to school and it was fine. Put the car in reverse and my dashboard flickered. Stepped on the gas and started backing out and the dashboard went completely dark and all needles fell to 0. Stepped on brake and it all came back on. Stepped on gas and they all went out again.Brake , again, back on. This continued for 1/4 mile. Turned out of my driveway onto the road and the guage went off again and this time my engine got sluggish. I pushed the gas but it wouldn't go any faster. All instruments were at 0 and the lights on the panel were out. SIDENOTE.... the radio and its display stayed on and it was also started raining this morning. Any advice would be welcome. I am a do it yourself kinda girl out of necessity so if anyone has any idea of what it is or what to check, i would greatly appreciate the help. Simply can not afford another mechanics bill as a one income single parent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, When i turned off the road and used the brake the panel came back on and i drove home fine just stopping and going until i got home.

·
Registered
384 Posts
What is the mileage on the truck? Have you ever heard about smod? Its when the antifreeze mixes with the tranny fluid a defect on that year xterra. To check, open radiator cap when engine is cold and if it is kind of grey then you are in trouble. But if not then something else is going on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just had my transmission rebuilt, new TCM new radiator and thermostat. Because of Smod. Mechanic calls says car runs but like crap. Was told by nissan my TCM needs reprogramming. And now I had to buy an IPDM because the tcm shorted out my computer. Went from 1650.00 to fix to 2000.00 nissan needs to own up to all the faulty parts and pay us. If you have Smod get it
fiXed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts