Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i figured id share my experience this afternoon with you guys, also bonus question at end (see if you can answer it cause i sure as hell cant). so me and my buddies were bored an descided to go scout out some new trails for wheelin. it was me with the X and my buddy's dodge ram 1500 with leveling kit. the trail consided of wash outs, mini hill climbs, sand, dirt, mud, an gravel. we came to a spot were it was a big water hole. we tested to see how dee with a stick and was same hieght with my tire(26 65R17) i guned it an the nose dipped down an flew through it. i went through twice. umm everything got wet, including engine bay, intake, lights ect. the only thing that stayed dry was inside the cab. so after that we continued on the trail, something didnt feel right after that like . the supercharger didnt spool up the way it normally did. like it was slow an bogged out. when you layed on the gas it took forever to get up to speed. so after the trail i descided to bring the X to the car wash. got their and turned the truck off, washed EVERYTHING down with soap an water. got in and went to start it ...nothing. lights worked, radio, cb, everything but the starter. so we tried to rinse the whole engine bay (incase we missed mud) with a garbag can filled with water. nothing. we used the pressure washer on the starter..nothing. after going through every fuse, turns out i blew the A/C Cont fuse . note: this fuse is located in the fuse panel by your knee in the 03 xterra's. i just popped another in an she started right up. now i only blew this fuse once before and that was due to light on the fron that were bigger than my head lights an i think electricty arc'ed across the panel an fried it. SO question time ! Why did i blow my A/C Cont fuse? what is it? and why when its blown does it out my vehicle in a safe mode where it limits your preformce so much? if someone could answer this, id be a christmas gift to me. thank you an to anyone who cant start there X after wheelin check your A/C Cont. fuse by your knee.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Well the Fuse can blow for many reasons. The Most common are-

The circuit between the X's ECM and A/T control unit is open or shorted or
Low battery voltage

If mud or water got into a connector fed off that fuse and shorted it to ground or opened. that would cause the fuse to blow. Other than that basic electricity I cant help ya much.

Merry Christmas! I tried.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts