Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2004 4x4 v6 manual xterra with about 150,000 miles. The batter was replaced about 3 months ago and the timing belt was replaced about 9 months ago. Lights turn on and stay lit so I don't think its an alternator problem.

I live in Utah and the problem began yesterday in about 15 degree weather. When I went to start it, it gave one click and nothing else. I tried to jump it using cables and another car but it still wouldn't start. Luckily it's a manual so I was able to just roll and pop the car into first gear to get it started. I've only owned the car for about 10 months so I'm not sure what the issue could be. My best guess is the starter has gone bad but I'm not sure.

Any Ideas???

·
Registered
456 Posts
Could be starter
Also, i used to drive a Silverado that sometimes had issues starting and would click once, the problem was one of two things (it happened every 5-6 months, not sure why) sometimes it was a loose ground wire, or sometimes a battery wire was loose and not making good contact with the terminal. You might check those just to rule them out.

·
Registered
384 Posts
agreed if it just one click then it must be a loose connection somewhere. try tapping the starter with someone turning the ignition sometime the solenoid can get stuck. especially in winter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts