Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know these past few years I've had headers installed and a new high flow you pipe with high flow cats and my magnaflow sounds like rice. Back when I was younger I enjoyed it now it's just annoying and somewhat embarrassing. My question is would a walker quietflow muffler be a nice quiet muffler or would it still have that ricetastic sound? Also since the magnaflow exhaust is 2.5 inches would I want to get a 2.5 inch inlet/outlet or a 3 inch inlet/outlet to slip over the 2.5 pipe? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
29 Posts
3 inch pipe will be way to loose just to slip over a 2.5 inch pipe. I'd stay with a 2.5 inch i.d. muffler. Any exhaust shop will be able to fit it properly for you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah if the truck actually made decent power it'd be a different story. I bought a 3 valve 4.6 explorer a few months back and I'm spoiled with the smoothness and power it makes compared to this gutless 3.3. I spent waaayyyy to much money on the exhaust on a truck making 180hp. I just want it quiet again without removing all the expensive exhaust work I had done to it. I'm either thinking of a flowmaster 70 series or even a walker quietflow muffler.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a walker from the y pipe down. fits perfectly and pretty quiet. any pipe above that is OEM for me. Mines an 01 xterra. Not sure about durability though, it's only been on there for 500 miles

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can agree with that one, had a FM 44 series on my old trailblazer. Drone was so bad it gave me a headache after 15 min of driving. The 70 series is a LONG muffler with a ton of baffles in it, so I am thinking I might get some back pressure back as well as quieting the pig down lol. If I could do it all over again I'd of just left the stock manifolds and y pipe in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts