Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go offroading and mudding alot and i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to clean the UNDERNEATH of the vehicle,i took it to the carwash that sprays the bottom of the vehicle, took it home and hosed it down, AND borrowed my neighbors pressure washer,and i STILL have mud caked up in there, i do understand that ill probably never get all of the mud out of it..

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I've been told that once I do get it clean - spray everything that doesn't get hot with wd40 before you go trail riding

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I was able to get it clean!? It takes about 1 week to clean out. I used a hose first. I then followed it up with a pressure washer 3 times. By the end of the week I took $5 to a nearby car wash and laid on the ground underneath the truck with the wand on pressure and it did the trick. 99% clean.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I saw the title and I was hoping for pics! Lol!

But indeed, caked on mud takes time to remove. I've lost big chunks of mud from the bottom of my X after having already gone through three washes. The pressure washer is the best bet, but you'd have to give it some time to concentrate on the hard to reach places. Rather than just glazing over caked on spots I know I've had to concentrate the washer on them for a good few moments to get everything off, even move the washer in to close range. I usually take mine to a manual carwash when I really want to get the mud off.

Good luck!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks roadwarrior, at first i laughed when i read the sprinkler thing,but then i thought about it,so i tried,AND IT WORKED, it got pretty much EVERYTHING i cant reach with the pressure washer,ill definately be using it everytime i go mudding from now on,THANKS!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Take a sprinkler and lay it under the truck
This.....

Or if your like me and work for a ready mix company what you do is take the 2" fire hose that has about a 50gpm and funnel that down into this handle little nozzle that only has a 1/2" opening and hang on.

Also on really bad days I have hooked our Volvo front end loader to either end and lifted half the truck 6ft off the ground to REALLY get in there lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha DANG i bet that gets it SPOTLESS,,too bad i dont have those resourses haha,or i'd definately be using them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts