Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2001 Xterra 4x4 with a JDM motor installed with 55K miles and every time i drive it uphill it cuts power and sometimes turns off however 1st and 2nd gear seem okay at lower speeds. I have this problem past 40 mph. So i been reading online and calling some mechanics around town and they claimed it bay be the O2 sensors or the catalytic converters. Thus I bought new O2 senors and new cats and installed today and same thing is happening. I did the motor swap myself with a help of a master technician. We cant seem to figure this out. Also I had an aftermarket intake kit on but i recently bought OEM intake from a junkyard. I have been reading a lot online and most people claim it was their catalytic converters. I checked my TPS sensor with a volt meter and it seems fine. I havnt checked my CPS, but wouldnt it throw a code with a OBII computer?? Is my tranny the issue or my torque converter?? Has anyone had this issue and fixed it? I feel like its something so simple. I have NOT checked the fuel pump too but that should throw a code! I am going crazy, please help! thank you.

·
Registered
444 Posts
How's the tps? Just curious, thinking maybe under heavy load it just is outside voltage parameters or something

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't touched the TPS only because it should throw a code on any OB2 system and it doesn't. It doesn't show any codes on this cheap ob2 auto-zone brand system. I am still waiting for my mechanic friend to bring his professional scanner in. Till then Im still pulling out my hair!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
It will only throw a code when it is not within range all the time IIRC, sometimes if it is intermittent I have seen them not throw codes, but under acceleration, it was failing, of course that was on a crap-a-lac...idk, just food for thought...also, have you checked your TB to make sure all the vacuum lines and such are clear and functional?

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts