Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
04 Xterra
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have had my 04 X V6 non supercharged VG33E for three years now and just today was finishing an oil change when I noticed what I’m assuming is a bolt missing from the following location on the drivers side. Other than being shocked this has gone unnoticed by myself and a few other repair shops I’ve taken this to over the past few years, can anyone give input onto how important this might be- I am wondering if I am rightful to be concerned or just being anal. Some oil and grease obvious in the picture and I’m paranoid it’s dripping and burning oil, though it has never been low when checking regularly. If anyone has thoughts or input I’d love to hear!

· Registered
04 Xterra
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m assuming from the diagram it is an oil pan bolt. I am guessing with one missing, it could be a very small oil leak, maybe someone knows more about this than I do.

· Registered
04 Xterra
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi M-U-R-P-H, I am still working on that. I am going to tackle these gaskets first and then run some lacquer thinner through the fuel to clean out the cats and see if that works. If that clears the P0420 code and helps with the lethargic acceleration uphill great, and if not I'm going to pull them and clean them thoroughly. Got sidetracked with moving and then installing the shrockworks rear bumper and some lights, poorly prioritizing I know..

· Registered
04 4x4 v6, Pml, front and rear bumpers.
369 Posts
Hi, I also started noticing a lack of power after the vehicle heats up, I purchased a bottle catalytic converter fuel treatment stuff... had good reviews, hasn't arrived yet though.

But if I don't start noticing a difference, I'm probably going to gut them as I don't have emissions where I am.

Love your build by the way, did you get aftermarket UCA's to go with you lift?
Just bought adjustable shackles.

· Registered
04 Xterra
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same honestly, no emissions here either so it's an option. Just figured they should be able to be cleaned out one way or another.

Thank you, yes they are aftermarket upper and lower control arms specifically to go with the lift package and after I found tires rub when turning so I had to knock the fenders in to stop the rub. Hope to see some more pics of yours as well as you continue your build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts