Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 6cyl 3.3l Xterra 81K miles which started to run rough recently. It will start up fine then after it is warm will idle and run rough.
Check engine light pops on P0302 cyl 2 misfire. I replaced plug number 2, checked the wire from distributer to plug there is spark ohmed out the wire its good. When running rough I removed the wire from Distributor and no change in idle so it definitely is #2 (just in case it was a faulty code ). In addition when driving the check engine light will flash so it continues to misfire.
My thought it could be a faulty fuel injector but in order to get to it I would have to remove the Manifold and its been snowing and I dont have a garage so Im looking for some things easy to check before I rip the top off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2002 6cyl 3.3l Xterra 81K miles which started to run rough recently. It will start up fine then after it is warm will idle and run rough.
Check engine light pops on P0302 cyl 2 misfire. I replaced plug number 2, checked the wire from distributer to plug there is spark ohmed out the wire its good. When running rough I removed the wire from Distributor and no change in idle so it definitely is #2 (just in case it was a faulty code ). In addition when driving the check engine light will flash so it continues to misfire.
My thought it could be a faulty fuel injector but in order to get to it I would have to remove the Manifold and its been snowing and I dont have a garage so Im looking for some things easy to check before I rip the top off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
BTW I also cleaned the Mass air flow sensor and checked the breather box ( air filter housing )

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
1,017 Posts
You can check injector resistance for all six injectors with the manifold in place by measuring them at the fuel injection sub harness

1 - 3 of 3 Posts