Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 06 Xterra just passed 90k miles, I am about to bypass and add an external trans cooler hopefully this weekend and I have a few questions about my X.
When I'm driving I occasionally get some squeaking that sounds like a bird chirping from under my Xterra, it's not my breaks or anything like that. It even makes the sound when I close my door...
Also my spare tire rusted so bad it wont come down, and to make the situation better the thing is needs a key to come off the truck, which I don't have... Im thinking about getting a hitch mounted spare mount after I get the damn spare off...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh if anyone knows of a link to help with a bypass to add a trans cooler, please send it my way! Especially for where to mount the thing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Replace the radiator, instead of doing the radiator/transmission cooler bypass, with its replacement used on 2011-2015 Xterras. Peace of mind is better thqan a dead tranny.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an '06 X and I have the same squeak. It only happens when I go over small bumps or when I shake the car when its parked (slamming doors or jumping on the running boards) I've gotten under it to find the source but no luck yet... I assumed it was the suspension but I've replaced all the shocks and it still squeaks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an '06 X and I have the same squeak. It only happens when I go over small bumps or when I shake the car when its parked (slamming doors or jumping on the running boards) I've gotten under it to find the source but no luck yet... I assumed it was the suspension but I've replaced all the shocks and it still squeaks
Might want to check the rubber hood bumper stops - over time they get old and don't absorb squeaks off the hood. Use a rubber restorer product on them and back them out about an eighth of a turn to see if that stops the squeaks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had my X jacked up this weekend while rotating the tires. Decided to cover the leaf springs in WD40 and I haven't heard the sound since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have an '06 x and i have the same squeak. It only happens when i go over small bumps or when i shake the car when its parked (slamming doors or jumping on the running boards) i've gotten under it to find the source but no luck yet... I assumed it was the suspension but i've replaced all the shocks and it still squeaks
this happened to my 1st gen and i had to replace the upper and lower control arms. That fixed my squeaking in my front end. But mine was really bad and now i think my ball joint went.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts