Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Brooklyn br0
'01XE 4x4 3.3AT Locked SAS 35's
3,290 Posts
Yes, a few times with a crew. I carry spares when wheeling now. Kind of a pain but not that tricky.

This is not my truck, Misha’s… but I helped;

That rear bushing was a bitch...

What's up?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, a few times with a crew. I carry spares when wheeling now. Kind of a pain but not that tricky.

This is not my truck, Misha’s… but I helped;

That rear bushing was a bitch...

What's up?
Hey thanks for the help. last event killed my lower ball joint and the control arm. I been hating that it must be done due to the rear bushing and it being a pain.

Do you know the part number for the bushing and bolt?
Does the bolt need to be pressed out?

·
Brooklyn br0
3,290 Posts
Hey thanks for the help. last event killed my lower ball joint and the control arm. I been hating that it must be done due to the rear bushing and it being a pain.

Do you know the part number for the bushing and bolt?
Does the bolt need to be pressed out?
You can't just change the lower ball joint, the LCA is damaged?

I need to check my spares for part numbers. Give me a day.

Just the bushing unless the bolt is rust welded to it (a good possibility).

The bolt is called the "Lower Link Spindle" (I've had one break at the shoulder and drove with it like that for a month). It fits what they call the "Front spring torque arm" (I've always incorrectly call it the TB anchor). If it rust welded to the bushing it's a bear to remove.

You'd need to cut it between the LCA and the bushing on both sides in order to drop the LCA. Then burn out the bushing/remaining piece of bolt and then cut and tap out the bushings sleeve. A real pain.

Even if the "Lower Link Spindle" comes out I can't remember a bushing original to the truck able to be pressed out...always had to burn and cut it.

·
Brooklyn br0
3,290 Posts
Nissan lower link spindle = 54419-B9500
BUSH-LOWER LINK (rear arm bushing for LCA) = 545608B400
BUSH-LOWER LINK (front arm bushing for LCA) = 545608B500

·
Brooklyn br0
3,290 Posts
No worries my brother. Some times the front bushing is in the LCA when you get it. Don't get an after market LCA, only Nissan OEM will do.
Let us know how it goes.
Hope to see you on the trail soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.