Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started on my drivers side lower ball joint and it looks weird. I have attached pictures of what i consider a normal ball joint on the other side. First is the drivers side then passenger. Should i just cut it off with a dremel?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Weird. I wonder if the lower control arm was replaced with an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turn out it was a filed off bolt and nut together. There was only about 1/4 if an inch left of nut. Super unsafe. The joys of buying used in a place that dosent require a saftey inspection. I just ripped it off with a pair of vice grips.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seriously fuck ball joints on a canadian car. I only got one side done and i am probably going to have to replace the lower because i f'ed it up. Tore the boot putting it in and burried the grease fitting. Oh and i broke the ball joint press i rented. One of the cup adapters snapped when pressing in the lower. Does anyone know how picky they are at most places?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Now I'm glad of inspections much of a pain they are every 2 years. Older rigs I worry a bit about things. Least we don't have emissions just mechanical.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In alberta we are only after 15 years and only if it is being sold. Seems nice except when you have to fix someone elses 15 years of neglect. Bonus is i paid 2000 cad for a 2002 sc 4wd with no body rust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts