Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some new parts for my X. I wanna make it sound mean. Any suggestions? I have about 500$ to spend

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can do the resonate delete mod which is super easier and will make your engine sound a little throatier. Someone here has a Cherry Bomb or something exhaust and it sounds MEAN.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can do the resonate delete mod which is super easier and will make your engine sound a little throatier. Someone here has a Cherry Bomb or something exhaust and it sounds MEAN.
Do you know what the Resonate Delete mod actually does? Are there any cons to it ?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Do you know what the Resonate Delete mod actually does? Are there any cons to it ?
I would say no cons at all. In a nutshell, it turns the OEM intake into a poor mans cold air intake.

Between the MAF and the airbox, there are two resonating chambers. Remove them and plug the openings. Inside the fender well is a large baffle chamber, pull that.

I removed my secondary catalytic converters (California emission system), installed a Nismo cat back system. Done

Makes for a nice growl

·
Registered
176 Posts
What TBass said. I would recommend putting some mesh where the baffle used to be to keep it from sucking in anything large. The only cons that I've heard is it doesn't actually improve performance because the exhaust can't keep up with the increased air intake. But it does make it sound cooler lol. I haven't had a chance to do it yet because I'm taking the X into the dealer this weekend for a timing belt change and I don't want them messing with it. But it's super easy. Should take less than an hour.

There's more info in the write up thread.

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2192

·
Registered
140 Posts
What TBass said. I would recommend putting some mesh where the baffle used to be to keep it from sucking in anything large. The only cons that I've heard is it doesn't actually improve performance because the exhaust can't keep up with the increased air intake. But it does make it sound cooler lol. I haven't had a chance to do it yet because I'm taking the X into the dealer this weekend for a timing belt change and I don't want them messing with it. But it's super easy. Should take less than an hour.

There's more info in the write up thread.

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2192
Thanks dude

1 - 9 of 9 Posts