Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I want to replace the headunit in my '05 Xterra (the Rockford Fosgate system) as it doesn't have an AUX input. Was wondering if y'all have any recommendations of good budget systems to replace it with. In addition, I don't know too much of what kinda wiring, specs, etc. the system has, so what kinda units should I be looking for? Thanks!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a first gen Xterra and i have the kenwood DDX 375BT it has very good bluetooth allows you to make calls and even saves your phone book once connected. simple to use and very easy to bypass ( so you can make calls while moving). On occasion the head unit forgets my phone and i have to manually reconnect but I have had that problem with every head unit. It can be bought at your local best buy ( I did) and be purchased with warranty. It did cost me about 200 dollars. all you should need to install this stereo is a stereo harness and the plastic radio install kit. Best buy can also install probably for a fee. This one also doesn't have AUX input but honestly once you learn to use bluetooth you'll never go back. Don't bother with single din headunits...... they're simply not as good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts