Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but I've been reading around a little bit. I'm looking to get into an xterra as a daily driver/ occasional toy to take the load off of my Corvette. Im probably going to end up in a 1st Gen because that's where my budget is right now. I was wondering what are some key things to look for and what areas start to wear out around what mileage. I want to have a reliable vehicle I can throw the dogs and wife in and travel if needed be. I'm very mechanically inclined so I will be doing all the work on it myself. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The main thing to replace is the timing belt and other general maintenance issues that occur at 100,000 miles with most cars. Overall, 1 gens are great trucks and if well taken care of there will only be small repairs and replacements to be done at the 100K mile mark.

Other things might include: checking for leaks, drives well, 4wd works well (if 4wd), everything works properly (windows, A/C, heater, etc.), and I'm sure others will chime in with various troubles they've had here and there.

Good luck on your search! If you find a good one, you shouldn't be disappointed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts