Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

As the title suggests, I'm in the market to purchase an Xterra for use an expedition and backup vehicle to my 04 Colorado.

I'm having a hard time choosing between an 03 with 135k on it, and an 06 Off Road with 165k.

Both vehicles are listed within $200 of each other.

I know the service history of the 03. It had the timing belt changed at 111k by a local shop. It drives great, stops great, is in really good condition, and everything works as it should.

I have not yet looked at the 06, but it's been on the market for almost a year, which concerns me a bit.

I like how simple the first gens are, and that is has a stronger drive train that can handle more abuse.

The second gens have more power, are more comfortable, get better gas mileage , and have more options for aftermarket parts. They come with their own share of issues though. My biggest concern about buying a used second gen would be getting one that had the radiator and coolant replaced, and still end up with a bad transmission.

I have a hard budget of 6k in the Boise area, so I have some limited options as far as what I can choose from.

I'm looking for input and suggestions on what to do here.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts