Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a long list of things I need to do to my 03 X.
First off, I would like to do a full tune up (ie. new sparkplugs, sparkplug wires, distributor cap) Is there anything else that I should do?
Second, replacing the shocks all around, looking at bilstein 5100's(quick question, would it be bilstein 5100 for all 4 axles?)
Third, replace brake pads and rotors (does anybody have any idea if this is any good? they have a really nice youtube video on how to replace it and this is what they recommended http://www.1aauto.com/nissan-frontier-xterra-brake-pad-and-rotor-kit-front/i/1abfs00027)
Fourth, looking to remove my rear sway bar (Easy enough but everybody tells me to remove it)

Now for the questions about the sparkplugs and sparkplug wires. everyone seems hellbent on NGK Platinums so I am going that way as well. Would I get the NGK 3403 NGK G-Power Platinum Spark Plug TR55GP or NGK (6240) PLFR5A-11 Laser Platinum Spark Plug? Also for the spark plug wires, I am looking at the NGK (8113) NX14 Premium Spark Plug Wire Set.
Would anybody suggest anything else or would this be a solid set up?

as for the distributor cap, I'm looking at either the Bosch 03414 Distributor Cap or the Beck Arnley 174-7034 Distributor Cap. Any suggestions between the two or does it absolutely not matter and I'm overthinking? Which distributor rotor do you guys recommend?

finally~ is there anybody up in north jersey around the bergen county area that is willing to give me a hand and guide/help me on how to do this? it's my first car ever and I would very much like to do hands-on things like this even if its very small maintenance.

Thanks a bunch, Joe

·
Registered
29 Posts
id change fluids as well, diffs tranny antifreeze seem to get the least attention. Doing those will greatly improve ride and drive feel. As for distributor i cant remember what i put on mine, i believe it was auto craft over a year ago with a new rotor and it hasn't failed me yet. real simple change. The spark plugs i put the NGK G-Power Platinum Spark Plug TR55GP in and good luck with #6 Spark plug. Its a fun task. Wires i just bought auto craft or mastercraft. Which ever they had at the local orielys. If it is a daily driver i ran rancho 5100s shocks and it had a good smooth ride. If you are off roading id go with bills. I have bills on my jeep wrangler but i dont take the x off roading much. And i believe the x the shocks were different sizes front and back. Rotors might just need turned which auto part stores will do for you (at least they do in amarillo texas).
I would also look at doing the timing belt water pump tensioner pulley change. Pretty simple but time consuming

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also did power steering fluid change. The pressure lines that run under the rad are a bit on the expensive side and i just redid them once they started leaking. new fluids will keep pumps and gears turning good. mine is a 02 with 150k miles runs like new. Diffs are simple just get a oil pump for auto part store for like 10 bucks. makes the job hell of alot easier

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.