Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a 06 Xterra motor. I may be able to get away with a set of heads. I Have a bent valve. And I hate to have to get rid of my truck it’s my favorite vehicle I’ve ever had 😔😞😩😢

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,176 Posts
A good place to start is the junkyard.

Another would be to see if heads from a non-Xterra but still a Nissan 4.0 would fit. I don't know, but others probably do.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I’m looking for a 06 Xterra motor. I may be able to get away with a set of heads. I Have a bent valve. And I hate to have to get rid of my truck it’s my favorite vehicle I’ve ever had 😔😞😩😢
Maybe you don't need a new head at all. If it's a bent valve I would be looking at replacing the valve and repairing any associated damage to the rocker arm etc. Most likely the valve got bent from contact with the piston but have that looked at and see how lucky you might be.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
1,272 Posts
The Sentra is a Nissan and came with a 2.0L. Can we possibly just use one cylinder head from one of those?

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,176 Posts
@Blackberry
As the cat would say, "If I fits, I sits!"

Great idea! You'd even get an extra cylinder along the way! Why not use one from a 2.5L and get more displacement? LOL

@Countrygirl41
We're having a little fun, but the short answer to your dilemma is to either fix the same head that came off or find one that is an exact fit to replace it. No other brand (Ford, Honda, Chevy, Toyota, etc.) will fit.

As @XT2015 has stated, you still need to know if there was damage to the piston or other components. If the force was great enough to bend a sturdy valve, it likely hurt something else in the process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A good place to start is the junkyard.

Another would be to see if heads from a non-Xterra but still a Nissan 4.0 would fit. I don't know, but others probably do.
The engine in a pathfinder and frontier are the same. The engine was used for many years so should be easy to find.

·
Registered
959 Posts
AT this point we don't know what CountryGirl is actually looking for. It could be a whole motor or just a cylinder head and associated parts. The jury has been out for near to a week now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
AT this point we don't know what CountryGirl is actually looking for. It could be a whole motor or just a cylinder head and associated parts. The jury has been out for near to a week now.
Yes motor the same in Xterra and Frontier 4.0 I would send your cars VIN#

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having accurate information about the motor with part numbers, you can choose a different but similar motor that is suitable for your car. Use free vin check using your car's vin number. I checked my vin number here absolutely free.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts