Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I recently installed a Lokka in the front differential of my 2000 X, and quite a few times now while making sharp turns (parking lot maneuvers) at speed my front hubs have engaged. I don't believe the problem is that one hub is sticking but I will have to jack the front up tomorrow and check. I can't figure out why this would be happening.

I know most folks seem to have gone to manual hubs after Lokking and I have a set of Warn manuals here that I bought but they're *huge*. I think they're going to stick out farther than the tire sidewall if I put them on. I'd really like to just keep the automatic hubs and have the manuals in the truck as trail spares.

Has anyone had this problem? Am I dumb for trying to run auto hubs with an auto-locker?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm locked with diff drop running the auto locking hubs,never had that issue. (engage in corner)
Have had sticky hubs. Opened up,cleaned,reassembled,problem solved.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm locked with diff drop running the auto locking hubs,never had that issue. (engage in corner)
Have had sticky hubs. Opened up,cleaned,reassembled,problem solved.
Thanks! I'll plan to get some good-quality grease and service them. I'm pretty sure they aren't sticking because wouldn't say, the left hub immediately re-engage the right because of the locker? But maybe the they are not disengaging fully so that the CV bending when the wheels go near full-lock provides just enough rotational movement to re-engage? I'm not sure. But re-greasing can't hurt!

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
After being in 4wd, and shifting back to 2wd, make sure you GO BACKWARDS far enough to unlock the AUTO HUBS, before going forward again.

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts