Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
X2
I don't have a fob but my drivers door lol works. My passengers and hatch won't work. I've tried wd40...no success

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
My key isn't a Nissan key. Atleast it doesn't say Nissan. Appears to be newer. Maybe they did change it and replaced the driver door to match they key... I don't know. Use sprayed wd 40 in the back door hitch lock no luck

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Sounds like either both the hatch and door are boogered, or the ignition was maybe replaced (which would have a key with a different cut.. hence why it wouldn't work in the door or hatch).

·
Registered
349 Posts
My 2000 is similar. I can unlock passenger door but not lock, I can lock the passenger door, but not unlock, and the hatch.. well doesnt do anything...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
My key will go both ways on the drivers and that's it. It will go in the passengers but won't budge. Same thing in the hatch.

And then you have to basically rip my passengers back door off the X to get it to open...

·
Registered
839 Posts
My key will go both ways on the drivers and that's it. It will go in the passengers but won't budge. Same thing in the hatch.

And then you have to basically rip my passengers back door off the X to get it to open...
haha NXM fun

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Haha I know, I need to fix it but im being lazy and not lol
"aaron, let me in..aaron... hey aaron somethings up with your door...uh, aaron..."

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
"aaron, let me in..aaron... hey aaron somethings up with your door...uh, aaron..."
Hahahaha it's even funnier when I don't tell people about it and they sit there and get mad haha.

So I REALLLLLLLY want to go doorless!! If someone had a write up on how to do wire quick disconnects that would be great!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hahahaha it's even funnier when I don't tell people about it and they sit there and get mad haha.

So I REALLLLLLLY want to go doorless!! If someone had a write up on how to do wire quick disconnects that would be great!
damn I was gunna do that this weekend! oh well haha

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
How long would it take to do all the doors and how expensive would it be?

·
Registered
839 Posts
How long would it take to do all the doors and how expensive would it be?
I wasnt even going to bother with quick discos.

follow this DIY that soccerbrace did for speaker installs http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2475

Honestly I would just remove the door panels and disconnect the wiring harnesses and speakers, and then just take the door off and twist tie the wires down somewhere out of sight.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Ah good idea. I might attempt to try that sometime. If you do it take some pics of how you did it. As for the back doors idk if id remove them or not but its just the wires for window control

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ah good idea. I might attempt to try that sometime. If you do it take some pics of how you did it. As for the back doors idk if id remove them or not but its just the wires for window control
I would, it adds to the appeal haha to me i gotta go all the way

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I just took the panel off and there's like 2 wire harnesses you have to disconnect and that's it. Although I didn't fix the door :/

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just took the panel off and there's like 2 wire harnesses you have to disconnect and that's it. Although I didn't fix the door :/
Well take the doors off and fix it. kill two birds with one stone haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts