Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!! I'm new to this site and I need help!! I have an 04 Xterra that will not blow hot heat. I have changed thermostat, flushed heater core, changed radiator cap and bled any air with no changes. Regardless of whether I have let it idle for an hour or drive it 20 miles...... heat only registers between 95-101 through the vents. The top radiator hose does not feel as though I have coolant flowing through it. The radiator cap and top hose do not get hot enough to burn bare hands if held for any length of time. If radiator cap is off and I squeeze top hose, I see coolant come to surface of cap lid, but I never see the coolant flowing through the radiator. Heat gauge shows midway once warmed up and has never overheated........YET. Plenty of coolant in reservoir and I'm assuming if radiator was clogged or water pump was not working it would overheat quickly especially if I've driven 20-30 miles. Is it possible that I didn't bleed enough air? I shut the valve/screw when I saw fluid coming out. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am wits end! THANKS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Green in color and I have no idea how old pump is, I just bought it used last year.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Do you have any paper work the timing belt and pump were changed at 105000 miles if not i would change both today if the belt breaks the engine is toast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts