Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Nissan Xterra
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 xterra RWD but still want to lift if. I was wondering what year frontier suspension kits would work? Thanks

·
Registered
2003 SE 4x4 V6 100k miles
478 Posts
Nothing 05 and up will work. 00-04 is what you need. Recommended that you do a body lift to fit bigger tires on it, suspension lift will only give you lift when the suspension isn’t being flexed.

·
Registered
2000 Nissan Xterra
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing 05 and up will work. 00-04 is what you need. Recommended that you do a body lift to fit bigger tires on it, suspension lift will only give you lift when the suspension isn’t being flexed.
Where is the best place to get the body lift?

·
Registered
2003 SE 4x4 V6 100k miles
478 Posts
I am new to all of this. Plus I am having trouble finding a lift for a xterra. Plus what is PML?
You got some research to do! Search those terms on the site, there should be a walkthrough on them all with images and how they make the vehicle look

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well that really depends on what you want to do with your truck. What doesn’t it do now that you want to improve?
well I very much want to make it more offroad ready I just got it and am 18 but I was looking more for a PML not to sure of the parts I should get on the website I don't wanna accidentally buy the wrong ones I'm hoping for about a 1.5" or 2" lift

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,253 Posts
well I very much want to make it more offroad ready I just got it and am 18 but I was looking more for a PML not to sure of the parts I should get on the website I don't wanna accidentally buy the wrong ones I'm hoping for about a 1.5" or 2" lift

Great thing about lifts on an Xterra is the lifts are fairly modular so if you do a PML to start you can build off of that. A PML will generally net you 1.5” of lift

A 2” body lift is the only way to make room for larger tires and larger tires make ground clearance and that’s what you need for offReading.

So read the PML thread I linked above a few times and see if that is the way you want to go. If it is you will need a set of longer shackles. You can find those HERE Probably want to change shocks as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts