Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first mod to my 2011 Xterra. Looking for some guidance/suggestions.

I am looking to lift my 2011 Xterra and put bigger tires on it. Called a shop and they recommended a 3" body lift.

I'm not looking to go rock crawling with it or anything like that.

Wondering what size tires I could fit with no rubbing. I wanted something like the Goodrich A/T - really off-road looking, like a Jeep Wrangler-type look. But I don't want them to stick out too much.

Suggestions?

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Hello,

This is my first mod to my 2011 Xterra. Looking for some guidance/suggestions.

I am looking to lift my 2011 Xterra and put bigger tires on it. Called a shop and they recommended a 3" body lift.

I'm not looking to go rock crawling with it or anything like that.

Wondering what size tires I could fit with no rubbing. I wanted something like the Goodrich A/T - really off-road looking, like a Jeep Wrangler-type look. But I don't want them to stick out too much.

Suggestions?

I'm reading what you wrote, and trying to decipher if you want to off road, at all, or, just want to LOOK like you might?

>:D

Essentially, if NOT off roading, adding larger tires increases your operating costs, with no benefits, other than looking cooler at the Mall.

This is because the larger tires use more gas to roll, so, you are slower, and get worse mpg.

This is an ok compromise if you DO go off road, because the larger tires really help immensely in rough terrain.

Your X can fit fairly large tires, stock...and by just going with an aggressive tread pattern, you can look tough at the mall, and, even do well off road.

A 3" BL does make more tire room, but you'd still need to modify the front wheel wells to go over ~ 33" tire diameters. (Your X could have come with 265/75/16 stock, which are ~ 32" tires)

How much ON road are you willing to sacrifice to be better OFF road?

Your answer will dictate what options make the most sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm reading what you wrote, and trying to decipher if you want to off road, at all, or, just want to LOOK like you might?

>:D

Essentially, if NOT off roading, adding larger tires increases your operating costs, with no benefits, other than looking cooler at the Mall.

This is because the larger tires use more gas to roll, so, you are slower, and get worse mpg.

This is an ok compromise if you DO go off road, because the larger tires really help immensely in rough terrain.

Your X can fit fairly large tires, stock...and by just going with an aggressive tread pattern, you can look tough at the mall, and, even do well off road.

A 3" BL does make more tire room, but you'd still need to modify the front wheel wells to go over ~ 33" tire diameters. (Your X could have come with 265/75/16 stock, which are ~ 32" tires)

How much ON road are you willing to sacrifice to be better OFF road?

Your answer will dictate what options make the most sense.
Thank you for responding! I'm very new at this (obviously), and I apologize in advance for not using the correct verbiage, but I will learn.

I want to do a little off-roading, but not a ton, nothing like rock crawling. My current stock tires are 265/70R16. I don't want loud tires or something that will make my ride too rough b/d currently this is my main ride for work and pleasure. But I do understand there has to be a little give and take.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts