Nissan XTerra Forum banner

221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Still prefer my old rigid Trek alum frame.Whites bb bearings,thompson post,Richey z-max tires(still the best imo) specialized hubs on sun rims and humble xt mechs. Built myself 20yrs+- ago.old and trusty and WAY more bombproof than i am now adays

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hoora for rigidity!! These new bikes, bonded, carbon fiber, even seen a Wooden road bike, all beautiful,works of art even. Performance,many likely uncomperable. But of all of em', always wanted to ride an old bone shaker, or other big wheeler! Now how cool would that be,period dress dress and all goin' down the road ?! (Imo,wierd,but cool)

·
Registered
19 Posts
AND further more,it's all about riding,for me,solitude and watching the land go by. There is a purity to it.Does'nt matter what u ride,as long as u do ride. But as anticipated,Long ago,that any weight i saved on frame and goodies would later be replaced by the weight I now carry,(20s long gone). But now i've an X,a mazda,and my banshee. Where the x leaves off the banshee starts,when i want peace Trek beats all,( no less expensive,stretched cranks,2 frames broken or bent Every piece possible.)

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
My 6 year old came home to a nice surprise this week. A barley used 20" tire 11" frame Kona Makena mountain bike. I always look on Craigslist for a good deal on real company kids bikes. His 4 year old Brother was just as happy because he went from a 12" to 16" Aluminum frame BMX bike.
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here is my trail bike, 2012 Sette Derro that I built. I've sank way to much money in this damn thing.

This is my favorite of my 2 bikes. 2009 demo8. I make several trips to snowshoe WV in the summer to ride the downhill mtn bike park.

221 - 235 of 235 Posts