Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thompson, did you just remove the light dimmer switch and put that one in? It fit just fine?
Dimmer switch is actually off camera to the left a little. That hole was just an "extra" covered by a piece of black plastic. Popped out the plastic piece, had to trim a very small amount, and then the switch fit perfectly.

Little side note, I've actually moved the switch since then and added a couple more lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks great! I don't think I have that much room on my Gen 1.0. Looks like the 1.1 changed up the instrument cluster a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im new to this forum and I jave been wanting to do a mount like this. How did you mount it and how did you run you wires. I have a 2000 X and i was wonderig if it would be close to the same?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im new to this forum and I have been wanting to do a mount like this. How did you mount it and how did you run you wires. I have a 2000 X and i was wonderig if it would be close to the same?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Light bar in front of the wind break piece.

i put mine in front of wind shield put bar across and mounted then plasti dipped hood because yellow reflects the light needed sun glasses even at night
How did you install it in front like you did. Its what I've been looking to do and how did you wire it?
I just got my Xterra and that is the 1st mod I would like to do to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 40" on my 04 and I think it looks great, can't go wrong with LEDs and usually bigger is better! I also did not drill into the roof. Just past the plastic "wind shield" thing I bolted a 2" wide and about 43" long piece of steel onto the roof rack. Then I simply bolted the light bar onto that with the mounts that came with it. Works great and doesn't move at all (I've taken it up to 85 mph).
If you want any close up shots let me know!
Love

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love how it looks. Awesome job. I just order mine thank you so much for the info! Also if you don’t mind me asking. Love your headlight. What is that called that makes the headlight look so mean ? I looking for that style of headlights but I have no idea what they are called.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never seen a 50" done on an xterra. There's this guy who I believe has a 20" on his bumper if this gives you any ideas.
In my opinion I think it would look pretty sweet with a 50" down there! It'll be a lot of light for sure lol

Also, is it a curved or straight 50"? I feel like a straight one might not fit since the bumper curves a little.
where the hell did you get those headlights? i’ve been looking everywhere and i can’t find any aftermarket ones

21 - 32 of 32 Posts