Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
WOW! Excessive is the first word that came to mind instantly BUT having said that, I LOVE IT! I think replacing the stock dome light bulbs with LEDs is super bright as it is but I love it! Its like your own high end showroom or luxury hotel room.

Well done! Did you hard wire those to the existing dome lights and you truck lights up like a torch each time you open the door or did you run separate power and an independent switch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a while when I was installing them, "Excessive" was the only thing eating away at me. But I figured if it was, I'd just live with it. But same thing, now I just love it! I have it hardwired to the dome light to come on with the doors opening, etc. I like it because with seats folded flat, the back the Xterra is perfect sleeping quarters for camping and whatnot. So I like the option instead of fumbling around with a flashlight, just flip a switch and BOOM, whole cab is lit up in case I want to eat or whatever the case may be. I plan on taking alot of road trips this next year.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice! What lights did you use and where did you get them?

·
Registered
248 Posts
That excessive comment was not meant to be a negative one! I don't think that I would ever think to use that many lights for such a small space but it turned out amazing and its always to have more than less light when it comes to the inside of the truck, especially when camping.

The back of the X does make a nice little sleeping loft when camping. Comes in handy when it rains (seems to be always the case the first night I go camping and have to set up a tent.

Also, being LED, I don't think it would be too much of a draw from your battery as they are pretty efficient. Bravo sir, bravo!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eddie is something similar to what's in the picture. Not those exact ones. The ones I have are from Walmart and are a little bulkier. These might fit more flush with the headliner than mine. But I believe I got mine for around $15 bucks at Walmart. If I find the box later I'll post it. I think you can find them at Autozone as well but may cost a bit more.

Yeah man it's definitely a nice little interior mod and I like the fact that it won't draw to much on the battery. If you'd like any tips or anything to make it a bit less painless, let me know! It's kind of hard to get the headliner out but the only reason I did it was because I had to. Finding an efficient way to mount the lights required a few times of stepping back to look at the project and scratching my chin. Haha

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it just came with a plug to plug into the volt source on a trailer pin connection but I cut that piece off and hard wired it. Those Ikea lights look pretty nifty! Probably a bit easier to install than mine. And I didn't test volts, just hooked them up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts