Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Ordered a thread chaser kit metric fine from Lang ima go over all my subrame holes after reading about the rust recalls and subframe control arm issues
update us on what its doing when you can

Registered
update us on what its doing when you can
Used Kroil and a 22mm with deadblow to remove i just need a thread chaser for hole i belive its m14x1.5 rn I got steering rack and axles done need to do front wheel alignment off FSM FA and before that find a small leak on steering rack fittings using Nissan D Matic. Added an HKS filter 馃榾

Registered
Nah ya I found that thing on floor with housing outside my house but HKS a lil too big just wanted to do a mock up but I'm thinking an ice box style housing enclosing the filter may do the trick

Registered
Nah ya I found that thing on floor with housing outside my house but HKS a lil too big just wanted to do a mock up but I'm thinking an ice box style housing enclosing the filter may do the trick
Also the Maf needed to be oriented to original position car would not start and I didn't wanna run it in failsafe mode tommorow going to junkyard to looks at the return line for reservoir to get my p/s back and get that on floor alignment done and start running the two trip monitor for 02 just to make sure its ready for smog. (Method im referring to is in EC of FSM where you raise car on 4 jack stands and test the 02's with a non load test California has too much traffic to attempt to do a drive cycle.)

Registered
It leaks like that everytime I start it.. Thats why it smokes out the exhaust .. It dont smoke while driving to bad but idle it builds up so when I take off from a light or acceleration it smokes like a boat till it all gets out and then back to not noticeably smoking while moving.. But that leak on the manifold crack oil comes out when running..
Seems we have totally lost the original post author "heshhouse". Wondering how he or she is coming along with the smoking exhaust. It's been two weeks now.

Registered
Do compression test. If it's low on one cylinder, squirt a few drops of oil in the sparkplug hole. If compression gets better, rings. If compression doesn't improve, valves.

Registered
Do compression test. If it's low on one cylinder, squirt a few drops of oil in the sparkplug hole. If compression gets better, rings. If compression doesn't improve, valves.
Sounds like an oil valve seal? I thought mine was doing something. Changed valve seals still uses oil?But mine has 230k miles

Registered
176k well fiddled with my connections and noticed I left one of the 02 upstream connectors off and reconnected cleared codes was left with a p0325 for knock due to connection not having connector I Dipinned after I chipped if disconnecting it with a pick and relocating on top of manifold. Code won't clear with the loose connection once I do that ima recheck my ignition timing and FICV adj to the best I can my plug is mangled from trying to reuse and put a new oring which still drips I even tried using Shellac. Other than that I mcguivered a suction line for my p/s reservoir made out of nylon braid hose bard at rack and double ear clamps. I hope it doesn't leak I replaced rack and front axles but waiting on indicator to see which snap ring thickness I need from the FSM for the endplay. Man a lot of work... 97 pathfinder ex 4x4 auto 176k

21 - 29 of 29 Posts