Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my 2000 Xterra in December of 2015 for a good price. I have done a ton of work to it so I think its time for a build thread.

List of current mods and service work.

- Pioneer DVD deck
- Spark plugs
- Spark plug wires
- Valve Cover Gasket,
- Intake Manifold Gasket
- Both exhaust manifolds
- Rear lift Shackles
- Timing belt and Tensioner
- BF goodrich A/T K02
- 2 inch Body lift
- Air filter
- coolant flush
- Oil change
- Front Brakes rotors and pads
- Transfer case fluid ATF
- Mount Exhaust tight
- Change diff fluid 75w -90
- Change diff fluid 75w -90
- Resonator Delete
- AC delete
- Ilder arm brace
- Heavy duty tie rod adjusters
- Rear swaybar delete
- Spare tire delete
- New power steering hoses
- New transmission cooler lines
- Thermostat
- Waterpump
- New belts

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Will you be mounting your spare tire on your roof rack or investing in a tire carrier?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't decided that quite yet. I am now low on funds after all these mods and repairs haha. What options are there out there for tire carriers? I like the idea of the roof rack but im pretty sure it wont fit in the garage with a tire on the roof. A basket set up on the roof would be nice as well but I haven't came across one yet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I haven't decided that quite yet. I am now low on funds after all these mods and repairs haha. What options are there out there for tire carriers? I like the idea of the roof rack but im pretty sure it wont fit in the garage with a tire on the roof. A basket set up on the roof would be nice as well but I haven't came across one yet.
Yeah were in the same boat. The shrockworks tire carriers can be expensive so i've always thought of mounting the spare on the roof rack. Has its pros and cons, like reduced gas mileage and some guys say it throws off center of gravity. But serves its purpose and wouldn't be bad to throw it up there once you get on the trail. Mine wouldn't fit in the garage either :( plus you gotta make sure its secure and locked blah blah. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah im not sure about either methods currently. I really want to find a basket roof rack to replace the stock one. I think calmini has one but its like 899 dollars US or something I live in Canada so all my parts are 25% more with our dollar plus shipping. Do you or anybody else know where to find a basket rack that doesn't sit higher than the stock one?

·
Registered
140 Posts
LOL you're preaching the choir. Was gonna order some Shrockworks sliders but with the CAD dollar and shipping costs to get it here, its not worth it :( Bajarack Canada might have something like that but their site is garbage. Ill keep an eye out cause a basket rack would be ideal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah! Always good to see another Canadian X on here!
I looked on Amazon and they have a decent selection for basket racks for some good prices. Just not sure how good of quality they would be and if they would really suit the X. Looks more so for suited for Mom's minivan kinda thing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You're right , its unacceptable.
Im in Calgary. You?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow. That's a great deal of work. Looking good. Just curious how much $$$ have you put into it up to this point ?
You mean how much have I put into my X?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, I was just curious about the cost of all that work.
Rims and tires cost me about $2200 altogether
New timing belt and water pump cost me $850
Light Bar was about $250
Also added a front bush guard for around $600
Blacked out all the emblems and tail lights and added some decals $60 :D
Replaced front left hub. $160
Plus regular maintenance like oil changes and engine flush etc.
Currently working on some rock sliders to replace stock step rails and hopefully some new Blistein shocks once I get my tax return :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Eventually a lift yeah. But my X is my daily driver atm and there are some other mods I would do before a lift. Looking into Rock sliders and some new shocks and struts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This weekend has been interesting. I started off by installing two Alpine speakers up front because the stock speakers were very blown. Installation was a breeze and the new ones sound amazing :) I decided I wanted to take the fender trim off for a cleaner look. Three of the four went great, super clean underneath and it looks awesome. I removed the last one and I found a ton of rust :O I guess moisture got caught underneath and just sat there and rotted out the metal. I wanted to get rid of it as quick as possible so we cut out all the rust, sanded down the metal, primed, painted and replaced the factory adhesive on the seams. Over all I think it looks alright for a quick fix. I will sand and repaint with proper color paint eventually and do a nicer job but this will get me by for now. I figured I would post this so other people know that this happens and should probably tackle it or at least inspect before its beyond repair.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.